March 7, 2012
TO OUR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH COLLEAGUES –
What’s new at the NCCEH?
- As part of an independent and confidential evaluation of the NCCEH, you are invited to complete the 20-minute survey. The results will inform both us and our funder.
- Evidence Reviews:
- Air quality assessment tools
- Surveillance for emerging infectious diseases
- Infections associated with personal service establishments: Aesthetics
- Practice Questions:
- Nematodes for pest control
- Additional Resources:
- environmental chemicals and children’s neurodevelopment by Bellinger
- climate change vulnerability tool by California Environmental Health Tracking Program
- gastrointestinal illness and rainwater consumption by Dean and Hunter
- listeria in facilities producing ready-to-eat meats by Kovačević et al.
- health impact assessment on wind energy by Oregon Health Authority
- emerging contaminants in UK groundwater by Stuart et al.
- holding/display time of hazardous food by Verhille
- NCCEH Journal Club, March 27
Your feedback is important to us; please let us know your thoughts on our updates and don’t forget to check the rest of our website.
Thanks again to everyone who has helped with these and other projects.
Christina Chociolko, PhD
National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health
400 East Tower
555 W 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 3X7
Production of this email was made possible through a financial contribution from the Public Health Agency of Canada.